Do you find yourself running out of energy before your German Shepherd does?
The right dog toys will keep your German Shepherd happy, provide necessary exercise and create a pretty cool bond between the two of you.
Our German Shepherd, Natasha, is almost obsessed with her toys and we have some great finds for you today! Keep reading to see our top rated dog toy picks for your German Shepherd!
How We Choose
We know that finding just the right dog toy is important to your wallet as well as making sure your German Shepherd isn't bored.
Our family has read through thousands of reviews and ratings to come up with the 3 best dog toys for you and your German Shepherd.
From Natasha's favorite (the legendary ball) to some pretty cool finds that the whole family can get on board with, we know these picks will be a grand-slam!
Chuckit! Fetch Medley Ball Set - 3 Pack (Natasha's Pick)
Best Fetch Toy
Variety Pack - Set of 3 Balls
Why We Love It
3 unique ball styles to satisfy your ball crazy pup! A durable rubber ball that whistles in the air - great dog toys for aggressive chewers, our super-bouncy dog ball made of recycled materials for all puppies fetching fun, and a glow in the dark dog toy ball for your pet's nighttime adventures.
This set just checks so many boxes for our German Shepherd, we know your pup will love this assortment too!
Not to mention, this Chuckit! Fetch Medley Ball Set has over 12,000 customer reviews and comes in at a full 5 star rating!
What You Should Know
Get 4 for the price of 3. Enter code C8CCA409 at checkout. Discount Offered by Amazon.
For night time play, grab the Max Glow Fetch Ball; Use the Chuckit Whistler to grab your dog's attention as it whistles through the air; For a higher bounce during playtime, use the Rebounce ball.
Brightkins Magic Trick Training Set
Best Training Toy
17 Piece Set for Stimulation & Enrichment
Why We Love It
As you already know, German Shepherds are extremely smart and they are considered to be working dogs.
This 17 piece set made our top 3 because it is something that the entire family can enjoy and it's a fantastic way to provide stimulation and training for your German Shepherd.
What You Should Know
- Teach 10 Magic Tricks: Dogs master 10 amazing tricks through active play, dog games, and positive reinforcement, including solving the shell game, pulling a rabbit out of a hat, and more!
- Advice from Experts: New trainers learn from the pros when they consult this set's expert guide written by a certified professional dog trainer (CPDT-KA)!
- Magical Training Tools: Add a touch of whimsy to your training with this stimulating dog toy's magic wand treat dispenser, treat rabbit and top hat, and shell game bones!
- Track Your Progress: Use this dog enrichment toy's write-and-wipe report card to track your dog's training progress!
rocket & rex Dog Toy Pack, Rope Toys, Plush Squeaky Toy, Ball and Tug of War Toy
Absolute Best Assortment
6 Piece Dog Toy Set
Why We Love It
Holy cow 🐮 (or German Shepherd), what's not to love? This assortment is perfect for your German Shepherd at every age and stage of their life.
We've already established the fact that German Shepherds need to be entertained and busy and this rocket & rex 6 piece set checks all of the boxes.
Whether your German Shepherd is an aggressive chewer and wants to snuggle up with a plush toy, this pack is for them!
What You Should Know
- 6 PIECE DOG TOY PACKS - Maximize playtime fun with this variety of chew toys for puppies, small to medium breeds! The assortment is a great way to get to know a new puppy better with interactive toys and teething toys. Includes a rubber ring with a rope and a rope toy for tug-of-war, a plush cow with a squeaker for solo play, a green rubber ball with a bell for pawing, a blue rubber barbell and a rubber bone toy with nubs that are great for teething.
- MADE FROM ALL-NATURAL MATERIALS - rocket & rex always focuses on quality first, developing safe and non-toxic products for your pets. These chew toys for puppies and small to mid-size breeds are made from all-natural materials with quality construction. While there are cheaper options out there, we focus on creating the highest quality products at prices that dog lovers can afford.
- SOOTHES PUPPY TEETHING PAIN - Nothing helps soothe puppy teething pain like chewing. Your puppy will crave a variety of different textures during teething, and this toy set includes plush, hard and soft rubber and rope toys . Additionally, our chew toys help keep canine teeth and gums clean and healthy, and puppy and older dogs breath fresh.
- REDUCES DOG ANXIETY - By keeping your small and medium size puppy or dog happily occupied, our puppy toy pack discourages destructive chewing and can reduce your pet's anxiety. If they have toys around and feel the need to chew, it just might save that new pair of shoes!
- HAPPINESS GUARANTEE - We're so confident that you and your dog will love rocket & rex chew toys, that your purchase is risk free. If you or your dog are unhappy with your order, simply contact us and we'll take care of you. We know you want nothing but the best for your dog and so do we. Founded by a dog rescue family, we're dog lovers, just like you.
The Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds FAQs
What do German Shepherds like to play with?
A common training method for dogs, stop and go can also be a fun game to play with your German Shepherd dog.
What makes German Shepherds happy?
The best way to keep a German Shepherd happy is to provide for their intellectual, physical, and emotional needs. Make sure your German Shepherd has healthy foods, the right amount of exercise, fun mental stimulation, and lots of affection and love.
What do German Shepherds do when they are bored?
They may pace when bored. If your Shepherd is not showing any other signs of stress, he is probably bored. Sometimes, this behavior is followed by “zoomies” where your German Shepherd runs full speed through your house. Clearly time for some exercise!
How do you keep a German Shepherd mentally stimulated?
You can mentally stimulate a German Shepherd puppy or dog by:
- Teaching them new training tricks.
- Exposing them to different objects, people, and places.
- Training them to play brain games.
- Giving them mental exercise to sniff, track, and hunt.
- Providing them opportunities to use all their natural instincts positively.
Do German Shepherds mind being alone?
German Shepherds do not respond well to being left alone for long periods. They are high-energy dogs that thrive on companionship and affection.
How many hours should a German Shepherd play?
Your German Shepherd will need a minimum of two hours of exercise every day. This should include walks and off-lead exercise in a safe area, with extra playtime and training on top to give them a good variety.
What games do German Shepherds like to play?
- Fetch. Although basic, German shepherds have a high prey drive and most love to play fetch. ...
- Hide and Seek. ...
- Wave the Flirt Pole. ...
- Urban Agility. ...
- Tug. ...
- Search and Rescue. ...
- Nosework. ...
- Stack the Rings.
German Shepherds are one of the most active dog breeds and they need plenty of exercise to stay healthy and happy. But it can be hard to find enough time in the day to take them for a walk, especially if you work full-time.
A lot of people think that because German Shepherds are such a big and active breed, they need expensive toys that will keep them entertained for hours on end. But this isn't always the case - many of these dogs just need some simple, regular playtime with their favorite toy to get all the exercise they need.
Our selection of reviewed dog toys for German Shepherds is perfect for keeping your furry friend stimulated and entertained. From rubber balls to plush squeaky toys, we have reviewed something for every kind of German Shepherd dogs (GSD) personality - so you can keep your pup happy without breaking the bank.
All you have to do now is just tap the button to check the price on the best dog toy for your German Shepherd and get ready for some fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by! We appreciate you and your time!
The Ward Family